Opal Sock Yarn
Opal Rainforest (Regenwald) Sock Yarn
Regular price $18.00
Opal has been creating sock colorways inspired by animals of the Rainforest for more than a decade. Opal uses this yarn line to donate 10% of profits to the rainforest which, according to the company, has helped:
- Stopping the destruction of rainforest by companies and governments.
- Preserve natural habits of human, animals and plants in the rainforests.
- Promote respect for human and land rights for indigenous people.
- Helping the victims (human and animal) of environmental destruction, hunting and expulsion.
- Strengthening civil society in rainforest regions to fight injustice and environmental degradation.
- Working with scientists to protect and research rainforests.
- Educating politicians and consumers about environmentally damaging consumer behaviours.
About the Yarn:
- yarn weight & yardage: 4ply sock weight yarn; 100 grams/464 yards (425 m)
- fiber content: 75% superwash virgin wool, 25% polyamide
- Gauge: 30 stitches/4" on US 2.5mm (US 1.5)
- Care instructions: machine wash at 40 degrees celsius.
Great for: Socks, gloves, scarves, hats, accessories, children’s garments.